Project: Distributed Neural Network Training and Prediction
Mentors: Roger Dev, Lili Xu
Week 7: Weekly work summary (July 3-7)
During this week, my main focus was on implementing the mnist training code using GNN bundles. This task provided me with valuable insights into importing image datasets on the HPCC system and conducting deep learning training. I took inspiration from Human Activity Recognition examples. Initially, I encountered a challenge with preprocessing byte data using the ECL Language. However, I resolved this issue by utilizing a Python script that converts bytes to integer values. To further enhance the data, Roger assisted me in developing a logic to normalize the data from a flat array of length 784 to a two-dimensional array of size (28, 28). Subsequently, I dedicated time to incorporating a single node setup for training the data, which I aim to complete by the end of this weekend.
In addition to the aforementioned work, I allocated some time to explore various papers on Google Scholar discussing distributed parallel computing techniques. Many of these papers focused on data parallelism and model parallelism, while some explored the utilization of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) for communication between nodes. As we have already implemented data parallelism frameworks via GNN, these ideas did not offer significant help. During our discussions, Roger suggested considering an alternative approach similar to random forest to construct a multiple neural network and employ effective techniques to draw a conclusion from those networks. This technique could mitigate the impact of noise in the data and potentially enhance accuracy. I plan to work on this idea once I complete the single-node setup task.
Lastly, I successfully completed a training course on regulatory laws and matters, specifically RCG - Fair Lending Training.
Overall, it has been a productive week filled with implementing the mnist training code, exploring research papers on distributed parallel computing, and expanding my knowledge through regulatory training. I look forward to the upcoming tasks and challenges.
Comments
Post a Comment