Mentors: Roger Dev, Lili Xu
Week 5: Weekly Work Summary Report (June 19- June 23)
This week, I have been working more on debugging code for incorporating custom node numbers during GNN code execution. For incorporating this logic, I use limitNodes:=0 as a default parameter where if the value of limitNodes is zero, then the system will use all the nodes; otherwise, it will use the given node number (assuming the node number is less than or equal to available nodes number). I updated the function from GNNI and Tensor files to adjust this task. Roger helped me debug the error I was getting, and later he suggested an alternative approach that localizes the changes so that we don't have to make the interfaces more complex.
In an alternative approach, we modified the ExtractTensor method to take the limit and create the slices on the correct nodes. This localizes the changes so we don’t have to make the interfaces more complex. When debugging code, Roger showed me a different way to tackle the problem and hence reach the solution.
In summary, this week was well spent on debugging and learning how to debug.
Comments
Post a Comment