Mentors: Roger Dev, Lili Xu
Week 4: Weekly Work Summary Report (June 12- June 16)
This week's activities started with setting up Docker on my Mac M1. After following the instructions provided by Roger, I successfully established a single-node setup. However, I encountered some difficulties in setting up multi-node. The document from Lili contains the step-by-step on setting two nodes cluster on a Windows machine using hyper-v, and I am hopeful that it will be similar on Mac. Considering the time I had already invested in the setup process, I decided to postpone this task temporarily and moved on to resolving the multi-node setup.
I made certain modifications to accommodate a custom node setup. However, Roger later informed me that the motivation behind the custom node approach was to address the comparatively longer execution time of the fit function in a distributed environment compared to a single-node environment. Consequently, I spent the remainder of the week making further adjustments to meet the requirements of the custom node setup. Although I have not yet completed this task, the process of updating the code has provided valuable insights into the inner workings of GNN bundle.
In addition to the aforementioned task, I dedicated time to completing the mandatory training programs: SCT-Risk Security Culture Onboarding Curriculum, RCG - FCRA Training - New Hires, and RCG - UDAAP Training - New Hires.
Overall, this week involved significant progress in setting up Docker, addressing multi-node configuration challenges, and gaining a deeper understanding of GNN internals. I also successfully fulfilled the necessary training obligations, ensuring compliance with SCT-Risk and RCG guidelines.
Comments
Post a Comment